Rydon’s plan for 130 homes on Friars Oak Fields will be considered at a Mid Sussex District Council planning meeting on 29 November 2018.
The planning department has recommended approval, even though:
- Hassocks is already expected to take two other major developments on London Rd, plus 500 homes north of Clayton Mills, with no more schools, roads across the railway or other infrastructure.
- The parish council has objected to the proposal, and the site is specifically excluded in its Neighbourhood Plan (which MSDC has been in possession of since JUNE 2016).
- Mid Sussex now has a District Plan and has already met its required housing numbers.
- Officers rejected a neighbouring site on the grounds that it was not allowed for in the District Plan!
Have your say and do it today - using reference DM/18/2342, please email:
- MSDC Conservative councillors for Hassocks: Michelle Binks email@example.com and Gordon Marples firstname.lastname@example.org
- MSDC planning officers: Sally Blomfield email@example.com and Steven King firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hassocks' MP: Nick Herbert email@example.com
You might like to point out that the next local elections are on 2 May 2019.
Hassocks’ other MSDC councillor, Sue Hatton, is the only non-Conservative out of 54 councillors, and has already opposed over-development in the area, as has Hassocks' county councillor, Kirsty Lord.
The meeting is open to the public, so come along: District Planning Committee, 29 November, 2pm, Council Chamber, Mid Sussex District Council, Oaklands Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 1SS.